8091 Schneider Creek Rd
Meadow Valley, CA 95956-0340
P.O. Box 340
Meadow Valley, CA 95956
To reach Forestry camp by car, you should: (1) drive to Quincy; (2) drive eight miles west from Quincy on the Buck’s Lake Road; (3) turn left on Schneider Creek Road, following signs directing you to the “University of California Forestry Camp” about three fourths of a mile east of the main road.
- From Quincy, go about 8 miles west on Bucks Lake Road
- Look for an old round concrete silo in the field to your left — Schneider Creek Road turns off about 1/4 mile past it. (If you pass the Meadow Valley Country Store or the Creekside Diner on the left you have gone too far).
- Turn left on Schneider Creek Road
- The pavement ends soon after crossing Meadow Valley Creek and the road travels up a gentle hill.
- Follow the left fork at the “Y” and cross Schneider Creek
- Take the second right turn (at the top of a gentle hill, less than 1/4 mile after you cross Schneider Creek).
- Look for the sign welcoming you to U.C. Forestry Camp. The gate is open when the camp is active.
- Please park in the parking area and walk into camp.
Getting to Camp
The GSI(s) will coordinate car pooling for transportation to camp. Students with cars with room for extra passengers and students desiring rides should identify themselves to the Program Director as soon as possible. There may also be room for passengers in the van(s) used to transport supplies up to camp.